NEW STUFF
NEW STUFF NOW... YAY
Hey Everybody, it's me, Mary! I'm Bloggin', not Cloggin'.....it's bloggin with a B, not cloggin with a C....goes BL not CL........for all you Liza fans! OK, since I'm no writer, I will just give ya'll the long and short, ups, downs, ins, outs and lowdown, OK? kj will fill you all in a bit later with her beautiful technical jargon when she gets caught up. She is still recovering from a nasty bug she contracted last week. Due to all of your powerful, wonderful, beautiful, precious and loving energy and prayers, kj responded to them, too, and feels much better this week! Thank you all so much for all the emails, cards, food...(yummy!!), calls, visits, rides...and OK, the yellow wine....(just a little);all the love, hugs, kisses, and prayers!!!, and just for being you...wonderful bright spirits....you who all are oh so very special in my life, my process, my journey, and are a part of my world. You all help make my life so beautiful and full of light and love....."Thank You" just doesn't seem tangible enough to express my gratitude. I want to say this: I Love You! Please repeat those three words and hear it deep within yourselves, say it to yourselves, hear it. I am doing the same right now!
OK, here is the scoop in my little Alabama way of describing things! We saw an excellent pediatric neurosurgeon at Scottish Rite last Friday and brought an updated MRI with us. Bottom line....my "internal ipod"...shunt is doing its thing and my ventricles aren't large enough to use the endoscopic procedure to get the biopsy. The doc recommended waiting and monitoring every 3 months using MRI scans as the primary tool for looking for changes....hopefully good ones! Think "Shrink"!! So far, three docs have recommended doing it this way. Very conservative, less risky and invasive! So I go to Duke the first week in May to get seen and checked out and touch my nose to their fingers, do the drunk walk....heel to toe...no breathylizer....we don't want to get thrown into the Duke Slammer!! So, no "hatchback" surgery, yay!!!!!!
So, until we decide what to do about this site....... Do You Want To Blog With Me???? And what does that mean, exactly? Want to make it a health forum of sorts, or just comment on good stuff like Keith Urban's awesome album, "BE HERE", American Idol, or brawling politicians? Enough about me already! ...... sup ya'll!! XXOO M

6 Comments:
Hey Mary:
How great to see you bloggin'! I'll continue to send you both healing vibes as you go the next step at Duke...as you konw, your cheering section is out here, so please let keep us updated on any things you need.
Btw...If you want to see something inspiring (and something to maybe take your mind off all things medical for a second) check out HBO beginning Monday...you'll be moved with tears of joy at the bliss of gays and lesbians on vacation with their kids...biological, adopted, foster other creative varieties...check out the Rosie O'Donnell documentary called All Aboard Rosie's Cruise...2000 people on Norwegian Cruise Lines in July 2004 for a week...glbt families of all forms and combinations...infants,kids from straight marriages, all races, colors national origins...inspiring and moving...an affirming vacation environment in "safe space" that was "all about the children"...20 years ago I could never have pictured all the possibilities for gay people having kids...If you have HBO On Demand, watch it beginning MOnday night. If you don't have it, I'll make a tape of it for you. The first televised showing of it was last night.
Lots of love,
Barb Rubin
Howdy, Girlie! So good to hear you - and I could "HEAR" your voice in this post! Your sense of humor is back to full speed, and that is good for us all. Glad kj is feeling better! I will be glad to hear what Duke has to say. How did the newest MRI look compared to the one of lower resolution?
What about the testing that can help more with diagnostics - have you had that one yet?
Yeah, I wanna keep blogging with you! For starters we can talk about Cynthia McKinney's newest news spot. We are hearing about her all the way out here in Washington! She better quit slapping the government security around - even if she is a Congresswoman! ;)
Speaking of Congress - the ENTIRE body is up for re-election in November - this is a big advantage for those of us who are BLUE (I live in a BLUE state now - goody goody!). They are going to have to pay a little attention to the 67% of Americans who are not happy with this administration now or risk losing their jobs!
And, how about the fact that Scooter Libby, now indicted on 5 counts of criminal charges, is "singing" on the 2 big guys who sent him off to leak critical Iraq intelligence to the NY Times (spilling the beans on CIA covert operative, Valerie Plame)?! Could be they both will end up in interrogations under oath - I want to see the BIG DOG having to answer qts. with his arrogant attitude! Should be good theatre! GO SCOOTER!
About American Idol: I want Katharine McPhee to win. But, little Kelly Pickler is adorable, and Paris can sing a song, can't she?! I think she is from Atlanta, GA!
Hope your weekend is a good one. Ours will be quiet...he is working tomorrow (@#$%&) and gardening on Sunday. I am reading the new Barbra bio - great gossip! Hugs and kisses to you and kj.....big ones!
It is soooo good to hear from you, Mary! Sorry Kimball has been sick, but glad to hear she is better. Karen needs to see her next week. Her pupils are not dilating together. We hope there is no need for concern. ANYWAY, on to the news, let me plagirize (sp.?) from the Friday AJC VENT section: "My congresswoman can beat up your congresswoman"!!! Of course, coming from 28+ years in law enforcement, there was no reason to hit that officer! Cynthia, it is not about racial profiling-it is about BEHAVIOR!!!SHEESH! Also, someone sent me a photo of a sign from a recent protester: "Someone please give Bush a blow job so we can impeach him"!!! HA!
We've been up since 3:30AM because of the storms this morning. [We have a siren about a block from us, so even Karen woke up when it went off!]We have no where to go here, no basement and no place to take our 18 cats. But, we were lucky and had no damage. the strom seemed to have gone just north of us. I hope the "Mary Bloggers" out there are all OK today.
Gotta go scoup cat litter! [Karen is at the vet working for these 18 cats we have.] Y'all take care. We love you both!
Link (and Karen)in Dallas, GA
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Hey, sorry! I didn't mean to send my comments three times! OOPS! If I could figure out how to delete the extra ones, I would! SORRY!
Link
Hi Mary,
I just wanted to let you know that you are in my thoughts and prayers today and always...I miss you and love you very much...You will remain in my heart always..Be well my dear Mary....Keep smiling:-)
Love always,
Cheryl
Post a Comment
<< Home