Good news
We have a bit of good news: tests on Mary's spinal fluid have not shown any malignant cells. Very encouraging! (For more in-depth medical info, check my first comment after this message).
Mary had a good day yesterday. We're awaiting her follow-up appointment on 3/24, to have the staples removed and hopefully get more information about, and a date for, surgery.
Speaking of the surgery, I anticipate that Mary will be in the hospital for up to a week, and will then be recovering at home for several weeks. We could really use some volunteers to "take a shift" with her, first at the hospital and then at home. Doll will be here as much as she can, and I'll of course take as much time off as I can afford to, but we'll need to fill in the gaps.
Thanks to all for the love, prayers, and encouragement. Mary is touched beyond words by all of your posts.
Love,
Kimball

15 Comments:
A little more medical info: It's an encouraging sign that nothing has shown up in the spinal fluid, but that test is only diagnostic if there IS a malignant cell. We're still awaiting the results of the Placenta-like Alkaline Phosphatase test, which is a marker of a germinoma.
KJ
Hi girls,
Count us in on the volunteer list. Let us know when and where you need us and we’ll be glad to help in anyway we can. I am sure there are a million details to take care of probably a million more you haven’t thought of yet. No worries. Call and we’ll be there.
We have you in our hearts and prayers.
Love,
Carol and Melanie
G'Morning, love! (still not noon here!)
I just love this blog! We may be back in GA in May. If so, we will be thrilled to spend a day with you and give someone a break from his/her shift. My KJ will be loving on you, too! Funny how we both ended up with one, isn't it? :)
I wonder if you realized what a fanclub you have! I will be happy to serve as a 'secretary' of this club and send out autographed photos when you are ready to pose! KJ will bring his camera.
Gosh, I love you, girlie!
x0x0x
Hi Mary-
So sorry to hear everything you are going through, but thoughts and prayers are with you! Cindy Batey
Hey Sweet Boo--I am so glad to hear that your CSF test was all good. I got back home to Leeds today and already miss you. You are such a positive person and a blessing to all of us who know you. I will be happy to come and stay with you whenever I am needed. Please let me know when.
Always I am your friend, cousin and tumah, waterhead sister--Love Karen
I can help! Please let me! I can be at the hospital or at home. Just let me know when! Remember, I am RE-tired!
Link
P.S. I must tell you, though, that years ago my mother told me I am not a good nurse. But, then, I probably like Mary better than I did my mother!
HI MARY AND KIMBALL,
HOW IS MY MARY, THIS IS YOUR BRENS, YOU KNOW THAT I AM NOT FAR AWAY AND I CAN HELP CARE FOR YOU ANY TIME YOU NEED ME. YOU WILL PROBABLY HAVE PEOPLE FIGHTING OVER YOU, JUST TO SPEND TIME WITH YOU, THAT'S THE KIND OF PERSON YOU ARE. I LOVE YOU AND DR. KIMBALL SO MUCH AND I WOULD BE HURT IF I COULD'NT PITCH IN!
SMOOCHES,
BRENS
Good Morning Girls!
I am delighted to hear that bit of good news! I just wanted to stop by, check on you and say hello this morning. I sent an email yesterday, then realized you may not be checking it right now. I wanted you to know that you are in my thoughts and more importantly in my prayers! I will be checking on you!
With love,
Vic
Mary K.
You know that I've loved you for...wow, 27 years. You have a large, permanent place in my heart.So glad to hear of the good news regarding the spinal fluid. Hope to see you soon. Judy
Hey Mary,
I don't know you, only know of you through my friendship with Lysie. She always speaks so highly of you-she was my investigator (and I was her prosecutor) at EPD and we spent many hours, days, weeks, months together and she would talk about you, your talent in not only helping her to feel better physically but also, for lack of a better word, completely, which is a wonderful gift. I am so sorry to hear this news; reading the responses of your friends and knowing Lysie as I do, you have a wonderful group of friends that I am sure will help carry you through these tough times.
My thought, prayers and energies are with you,
Lee de Grazia
Hey Boo. Just wanted to drop a line to say hi and let you know that you are in our thoughts and prayers. From reading all the comments on this site it is obvious you have no shortage in friends or love! If you need ANYTHING, please don’t hesitate to call us.
Love – Chad, Monica & Charles
Dearest Mary and Kimball,
Count me in...whatever I can do to help.
Love and Light,
Karla
Dearest Mary and Kimball,
Count me in...whatever I can do to help.
Love and Light,
Karla
Hey Ladies,
My prayers are going up daily for the both of you. I'll be seeing you very soon. Love ya lots,
Nish
Hey Ladies,
My prayers are going up daily for the both of you. I'll be seeing you very soon. Love ya lots,
Nish
Post a Comment
<< Home