Dr. Mary's Blog

Monday, March 20, 2006

Weekend Update

Good weekend, lots of love and laughs, heartfelt moments on the phone, piled up on the bed, and at the table.....which is overflowing! (Mary just keeps saying she doesn't want to get fat from all this love.)

She continues to be overwhelmed at all the outpouring of love, concern, thoughts, and prayers, cards, flowers, emails, food, hugs, tears and laughter. The clean sheets and candles are nice, too. (there are some perks for the author also!) She states that she is so thankful to have this opportunity to take IN all of this great energy. She is also so very grateful for the opportunity this gives her to let each one of YOU know how very special you are to her, in your own unique way, in your own unique, personal relationship with her. (you know, she has to take care of all of you guys too!) 'Caretakers anonymous' members are showing up at all the right times, with all the right touches and words.

She is certain it is no accident how things are are falling into place: from people suddenly dropping into her life from 30 years ago, to meeting or hearing from strangers who may have some piece of information that is helpful; or a new kindred spirit who has gone through a similar experience; the air conditioner guy who changed his schedule to fix the unit that suddenly crashed, the chiropractor friend from her past, who popped back into her life at a time when he was looking for a professional transition -- he is now covering for her practice until she returns. The friends and contractors who are able to drop what they are doing to help out. Old wounds being healed, relationships becoming stronger, and getting more clarity about what is important to her. She is most grateful, most appreciative, and most open to what is being given to her.

Many times it is scary feeling things in her body that are foreign to her. The fear of the unknown at times is difficult to shed. The words written here, or spoken on the phone or in person, are CLEARLY lifting her spirits, giving her energy, hope, and focus for her challenges ahead. She wants to be here, to be present, and has asked God to allow her to stay, if he will, to do whatever work she is supposed to do in the next phase of her life here.

Mary sends all her love and kisses & adoration to all of her loving "posse."
Thank you so very, very much.

Love,
Mary/KJ

5 Comments:

Blogger Sky said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like your weekend was so rich in the love which surrounds you. I am glad you are both aware of how much good will is there for you, and that it is nurturing you both.

Your post was written with such love and tenderness that I am sitting here with tears as I read it. It is so difficult to be far away when someone we love is vulnerable or ill. I want to be close by so I can put my arms around both of you and give you love and feel your love. I miss you guys so much. In the meantime, here is a poem I wrote for you, Mary. I hope it conveys the love with which it was written. I will post it later on my blog and will let you know when it is there.

Golden Threads

Memories of mornings when your blonde hair
shone lustrous, spun like you
of golden threads and sunlight,
shadow-dance quietly across my visits with the past,
when pain was constant
and you were there; always there.

Love dressed in such a tiny package then,
vibrant motion, healer that you are.
From every cell the healing trickled out,
while fingers, kneading
new life for the needy,
coaxed broken bodies back to whole again.

You walk this earth with sight projected far
to see beyond what lies upon the path
and let your intuition guide you forward
to nurture spirits,
cleanse the body’s chaos,
remove the blocks which keep the bones ajar.

You’ve been the hope, the dream, the gentle peace
for morning's comfort
or in the evening's light
that’s cast upon the glowing limbs
as redwoods bid goodnight to one more sun
and bid a new one’s rise for dawn’s release.

With love we come as one to sing your praise
while you are fighting for your days ahead
amidst us all whose lives you have changed.
We reignite the loving touch you gave
and send it back
to heal and light your days.

© 2006 pending
agb

12:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

whoever you are angela...what a beautiful message and poem for mary..such eloquence and truth..
thank you..
mary, i see how loved you are..and that in itself is comforting
wow.. you are such an inspiration...
xok

10:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mary and Kimbell,
I have been following the Blog website with great admiration and amazement at what a great communication tool it is indeed.
It has the power to bring family together.
I think of you two EVERY DAY, and keep you in my prayers. I LOVE the photos.
I especially LOVE the one of Mary and the dogs in the Ocean with MTWM tank.
I would love to visit tomorrow Thursday 3/23/06 or this weekend.
I would love to bring you some fresh flowers and hugs and kisses.
I have SO many things to say, and share, and meditate with you two about it all.
Steven finishes his Finals- 11th week at LIFE this week. He is awsome.
LOVE and prayers to you.
Please let me know when I-we can visit.
I will need directions.
My email is dr.dmorris@comcast .net and
my cell is 770 316-9830.
24 hours a day.
7 days a week.
365 days a year.
Just like the Waffle House.

I am loving you,
Dr. David

8:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks and sounds as though you had a wonderful time at the cabin...it's amazing what a change of scenery will do. My thoughts and prayers have been with you both daily. The information gathering process I find to be extremely interesting. Ooops! sorry about the beef in the soup! I didn't know until after the fact. KJ doesn't have a full plate or anything!! Mary, it was so great to see you last week. Will return to get my pan and we can visit again...I loved it! You look fabulous, dahling! My love to you both.
Judy

7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home