Dr. Mary's Blog

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Why are we seeing pediatric neurosurgeons?

Several people have asked this, and here's the answer:

Children actually have larger ventricles (the "lakes" that carry the spinal fluid) in the brain; they shrink as we become adults. But Mary’s got larger because of the increased pressure from the tumor blocking its flow; thus, they are big enough to get a 'scope thru.

I do appreciate everyone's thoughts and questions.
KJ

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mary and Kimball,
We are following all of the updates and thinking of you with warmth. Some very good prospects I'd say! Love ya,
TRuth

11:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dearest Mary and Kimball:

Please konw how much you are blessed and loved by all of us out here...

Please click on this link if you are ever in doubt...

http://www.mayyoubeblessedmovie.com

Love you,
Dr. Barbara

4:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for keeping us informed. We are all keeping up through the blog. All your friends in B'ham have you in their thoughts and prayers. BTW, KAM's peak looks great!

Love, Kerry

5:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mary & KJ:
Bogie and I are keeping up and so very appreciative of the blog entries. KJ you are doing a spectacular job. The cabin looks fantastic. Mary K- just let me know when you need some Bogie love. Seriously, call if you need anything. I'm always available.
Hugs and Kisses-
DP & Bogieman

10:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dr. Mary,
It is really nice to be able to keep up with your progess on this website.
I want you to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. You are such a special lady and have done so much for others ....I know that somehow you will pull though this episode. Remember your spiritual beliefs. Don't think of what is ... but what will be. Keep your mind on what makes you happy and laugh as loud and as much as you can. I have some Abraham-Hicks CDs that I would love to share with you. If you want to use them let me know and I'll take them to Kimball.

Take care of yourself and know that I am praying for you everyday!!
With Love, Toni Johnson

3:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mary and KJ,

Maggie and I are out of the country bu8t thinking of you and sending good vibes.

Richard

4:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey kiddo's -

Michele and I think of you often and send positive thougths your way.

Your strength and humor is amazing.

...so "hatchback"? hmm, would that be a Pacer, SUV, or Mini Cooper hatchback? Keep in mind a Pacer may imply outdated, SUV a guzzler & Mini Cooper a modern classic. hmmm :-)

We love you and wish you guys every bit of the very best.

9:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Guys!
Just want to let you know we have been thinking of you both and following your updates. We have had you in our thoughts and prayers.
Love, Maura and Bee

2:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi You Two,
Check the Blog everyday looking for updates and always hoping for optomistic news to pop up on the screen.
So I have a joke..... Bush was meeting with his regular circle of advisors when one of the members reported that there had been some gunfire the day before and that two Brazilians had been killed. Bush immediately hung his head and covered his face with his hands, moaning and shaking his head back and forth. All the members were a bit bewildered at this strong response. Finally, Bush raised his head and asked: "Just how many IS a brazilion?"

6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home