Dr. Mary's Blog

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

I Am Stable....on Paper!!!


Rockin Retrievin' Rudie (above) Baby boy Beckett (top right)
The babies getting their "sea legs".....


Hello Everyone! I finally made it to Houston for my follow up visit and all went well. I had my scans done in June so I knew what the radiologists at Piedmont had interpreted, which was good news.....no new growth or metabolic activity. Dr. Burzynski was particularly happy to see that the metabolic activity of the PET scan was innactive. As a matter of fact, he considered it to be "negative" in that it was hypometabolic as opposed to hypermetabolic. In other words, we are anticipating continued good news!! Dr. B said to get the PET scans every 6 months instead of every 3 months and to continue the MRI's every 3 months as well as our Houston visits at about the same timing. Additionally, I can reduce my PB dose (meds) to 5 times from 6 times per day. This boosted my healing confidence, to say the least!!

Wow, it has been about a year and a half since I was diagnosed. I have experienced many emotions, and I will have to say, that the initial momentum and rally that everyone helped with was truly instrumental in my getting off to such a successful start with this whole process. I guess it's sort of like riding a bull out of the gate! I will continue to hold on and fight with everything I have to be the best I can be for as long as I can....be. I have relied on friends and family along the way....(as well as a few therapists)...and everything else I could do in the name of healing.....so far, so good. I remain grateful and appreciative of every breath.....my love goes out to all....thanks again and again!!

Ok....on to the "summer vacation"....I will attempt to add some pics. Got a new baby boy, Beckett, a special breed of yorkie called a biewer (pronounced "biva")...and is he ever!! He hates getting the first leaf on his precious thick tri color coat. Rudie learned to retrieve the ball in the pool like the Labs, the Labs are ball junkies still, and Mackie is the boss of all of us!!

That's about it for now! God love you all and happy August!! Stay tuned for kj's "fiddy" 50th birthday plans in October.......Bub Eye...

God's Love Heals, God's Love Cures, I am Loved!!!!!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Mary, You sound so good!! I'm please to hear you are doing so well. I think about you often and pray for you. Sebastian just got a new job here in Maryland. We are so excited! I'm finally getting certified in Maryland to practice massage. I have wonderful fond memories of working with you and I'm so happy you are doing well. Much love, Lenny and Sebastian

5:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mary, great news of your healing and such fun to see the pics of the babies. what cuties! glad to know you are doing well and that the sweltering summer heat of GA has not melted you guys into a puddle of sweat! our weather on the other hand is beautiful - 70 to 80 degree daytime warmth with much cooler, breezy nights. sheer delight as we begin to close our summer days. we can feel fall in the air, smell it, and in late afternoons we notice the light has changed positions in the sky. soon we will be pumpkin-hunting and hoping to find fall leaf color splashed among our evergreens.

we are off to a much needed vacation in a few days. 2 weeks with no interruptions! we can hardly wait.

hope to hear from you soon. still waiting...
;-)

x0xx0

6:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ILYWAMHASFAEB!

10:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What WONDERFUL news! I have been thinking about you and finally found your blog address. It does my heart good to hear how well you are doing Mary. It goes to show that prayers are truly answered.
Take care and I will talk to you soon!
With much love,
Vicki

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home