UPDATE.....IT'S ALL GOOD!!!!
Hello everyone! Life has been busy for us since our return from Brazil. I followed up with Duke, shortly afterwards, to enroll in the oral chemo trial study they had recommended. Something inside didn't feel quite right about it and I was very hesitant about starting the treatment. Actually, there was a 10 day delay, on their end, in sending the medication to me, which gave a window of opportunity for another option to present itself.....and it did. I was told about a treatment in Houston, Texas that uses a nontoxic approach and is especially effective for shrinking brain tumors. I spoke with someone here in Atlanta who had personally tried the treatment 10 years ago and, coincidentally, had an almost identical diagnosis.....low grade astrocytoma. He is now cancer free and doing great! So...... kj(she is a trooper going with me around the world and back!) and I are going to Houston on August 31st to consult with Dr. Burzynski, who developed the antineoplastons (a word he coined meaning "anticancer" and made up mainly of peptides and amino acids) that are used to treat cancer. It is considered more like gene therapy so instead of killing cells, it literally attempts to convert them to healthy ones. The drugs are either directly infused in an IV port or, more recently, available in oral pill forms. His center, The Burzynski Institute, is offering FDA approved clinical trials for patients who qualify. More than likely, I will stay on for an additional week and begin treatment......provided I get the green light from the FDA. My first round of bloodwork looks great and is negative for many other cancer markers. I am told that I am eligible for the oral treatment at this time which will involve taking two medications, much like the Duke oral chemo protocol, over an extended period of time.... at least 1-2 years. I have spoken with several patients who have had success with this treatment, which seems to be safe with minimal side effects. Although, it is not as successful and effective for everyone, I intend to be one of those success stories that will be published in the research data!! From the limited information we have seen thus far, low grade astrocytomas seem to have especially favorable results showing little to no growth during and after completion of treatment. It is a great place to start and I am very excited about it. I want to emphasize the importance that all of your support has had and continues to have on my health and well being. All of your love and prayers mean so much to us. Please continue them! I am convinced on a daily level, how much faith, hope and love influence my life in every way. As I pray for my path (and others) to healing, I am shown direction every day, given renewed strength, have new doors opened, and am blessed with unending love and support. I will post more often, revealing the new experience that I/we are about to begin. I am so very grateful to God, kj, all of you including family and friends. I love you all so very much.
Life Is Good....and Precious!!!
XXOO Mary

2 Comments:
yipppeeeeeee! good news from houston, and it sounds so pertinent to your own diagnosis! so glad it seems that the work being done there fits your medical profile.
this news sounds so promising. sorry i have been out of the loop. guests have been here and just left. i started you a letter last night, but it got deleted accidentally. i was tired and went to bed with all intentions of beginning again today. lo and behold i find this posted!
so glad that your research is showing good results registered by others. hope you will keep us posted.
safe winds flowing in love and light always follow you.
x0x0x to you and kj
From Ottawa Canada dear Mary, I send you good vibes and loving thoughts.
Your blog should be converted into a book to help others have the courage of saying "It's all Good"
love and hugs
Jean
vjo@rogers.com
Post a Comment
<< Home