Dr. Mary's Blog

Monday, October 30, 2006

THE RESULTS ARE IN........AND....

....Houston, we are heading in the right direction!! When we saw the report of my most recent PET and MRI scans, and saw the words like "stability with no real measurable changes", we were very excited....but when we saw that the numbers on BOTH tests had also decreased, we let out howls and danced a jig! Needless to say, we are both very pleased and relieved. It's funny, when I used to hear the word "stability", I thought of....job, home, car.....now I think of hope, life, healing, time....I have said many times how very fortunate I am and have been and I am saying it again. I am also so very grateful to have the love and caring of the precious souls behind the eyes that are scanning this blog for updates and details of this journey of mine. Thank you, thank you, for your prayers, love, thoughts, well wishes, good energy, hugs, laughter, ears, shoulders. It makes such a tremendous difference in my healing! I will continue on the oral medications and repeat tests every two months while going to Houston for follow up visits. I will keep you informed every step of the way. Here is some technical jargon from my last two tests:

There was an overall decrease of 1 mm in size on the MRI !!!! (from 1.6x1.7x1.6 to 1.5x1.6x1.5 cm)
There was a decrease of .6 suv...not a truck..(from 8.9 to 8.3) on the PET scan (this determines the level of metabolic activity....take it as good news)!!!... These are small differences but the fact that both were decreased is certainly a sign to me that things are headed in the right direction!!! Baby Steps......

Speaking of baby steps, we are busy with our new baby, Rudie (Anne Kathleen), a 13 week old "little" bruiser Yorkie and is already almost 3 pounds. She is giving us all a run for the money, especially Mackie, who has been heartbroken over the loss of his sister. He is beginning to warm up to her and play, doing his frog man stretch while showing whose boss! She, too, is very healing for all of us! Pics to come soon. Our other baby, chocolate Lab Jobri (Marie Kathleen), will turn 1 in November. She is going thru a false pregnancy complete with boobies and erytang....we hope it's false anyway! Our fambly is a bit strange....we know!!!

Well that's all the news for now. We hope everyone continues to have a wonderful Fall and Happy Halloween!!!

Thank you for this life, thank you for this love, thank you for this healing!!!!

Amen

M (n kj)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey ya'll,

What great news! I understand the MRI size issue, so I'll focus on shrinking... and let my wonderful sister work on the metabolism part. Guess that makes me a size queen.

Can't wait till it's too small to measure!

5:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats to you both on the great news. Wil keep the healing vibes coming!
Dr. Barbara

11:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sooooooooo excited to read this, girl! Sounds like you are doing your magical thing - you know the one you do on all of us!

Gosh we love your pretty, blonde self! Was so wonderful to hug you tight a few weeks ago, to see you with our own eyes, to share the love...Have a peaceful and fun week. CELEBRATE!

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home