GREAT TRIP TO HOUSTON
Well, we (kj, sis Doll, and I) went to Houston for the 3 month follow up, to the bed and breakfast, then on to the 30th anniversary gala celebrating Dr. B's successful cancer treatment. Where do I begin? I will go in order......The visit: more good news! Continued stability....meds working....keep up same schedule....return 3 months. The radiologist there was very positive. He recommended MRI's every six months and said not to bother with a PET since it (at this point) is "looking" benign due to the lack of activity. I am hanging on every positive word and connotation that I can! kj was very pleased, as well. I left the clinic, one happy camper. On to Elisa's beautiful bed n breakfast (Elisa's Sunday Haus.... http://www.roundtopbnb.com/).
We hooked up with James Neubauer's family at the Atlanta airport (they live near Chicago) and "rode" with them to Houston. James is 9 years old and has been a patient of Dr. B's for over 3 years. Words cannot describe this little boy. He has completely stolen my heart with his charm, smile and charisma. He is truly a bundle of love....a survivor, a beautiful little boy.....please see
http://www.jamesneubauer.blogspot.com/ and his mother, Leiann is the moderator of our Yahoo support group. She does such a fabulous job keeping us in her prayers, making sure everyone checks in, answers questions anyone may have, giving us strength and courage when things get scary...especially for the parents of the children, and many are critically ill....she puts her heart and soul into our group. I have become email pen pals with her so we decided to coordinate our doctor visits with the gala so we could finally meet. She brought James, daughter JoHannah (a bright and delightful 12 yr old), and son Joseph (a 16 yr old gentleman). They came with us to Roundtop to Elisa's country retreat just between Houston and Austin. We had such fun there relaxing, walking among Elisa's gardens and hitting some of special places around the area (known for their antique homes and German heritage) . Elisa and her husband, Wayne, and canine child, Lola, were the perfect hosts. We met Elisa when we went to Brazil last year and have kept in touch. Their place is very beautiful and relaxing with as little or as much to do and was perfect for all of us. I highly recommend going there! Time passes quickly and suddenly it was time to head back to Houston and get ready for the gala....
We got to the Omni hotel, put on our cocktail duds and headed down to see and hear the wonderful speakers, stories of survival, hear beautiful live classical music, and basically celebrate with everyone who's lives have been touched by Dr. Burzynski and his treatment. A good time was had by all!! I was in awe to see some of the people I had spoken with get up and tell their stories. There were some women with small children who had gone for treatment when they were younger and had been told by their doctors that they wouldn't live. Now they are cancer free with families of their own. This is just a small sampling of encouraging stories of those who successfully responded to Dr. B's discovery and as a result, are with us today to tell about it!
I know my sister and kj really enjoyed this. It gives us hope and hope is what you seek when you've been given a "serious" diagnosis. I am so fortunate to have been told (by Susan Hopkins) about someone here in Atlanta who became cancer free after having gone through this treatment. Thank you, Susan! Thank you all for your support, love and prayers. I truly believe that it takes everything....not just one medicine, or treatment. I believe that it is everything combined....every prayer, loving thought, visualization, intention, expended energy in whatever way....Healing is a big job.....it is my main job right now, so I guess you could say that I am employed full time...still in the healing profession! Then there are the kids...my overtime! Pups in 12 days....get your orders in soon!!!
Hugs and Love, God's Love Heals....
Mary, kj, Mackie, Rudie, Beckett, Doc, Jobri (with pups)
Labels: Every Picture Tells A Story

2 Comments:
You are right!!!! It WAS a great trip to Houston. I cannot thank you enough!!! I just keep thinking about it and thinking, "Wow - that was better than I ever expected."
Love and prayers,
Leiann
FABULOUS POST! Sounds like a wonderful trip and such good news, not to mention going to a "ball" while you were there. In terms of the yahoo group, etc., isn't it just magical how much the internet has changed the way we live our lives?! Such wonderful gifts come out of this technology. The pic of all of you is great. I am so happy to read your details and especially to hear the medical evidence for healing yourself continues to be so promising. You are an excellent performer in this new job, healer that you are! Keep up the good work. I am glad you are applying loving care to YOU right now. Thanks, too, for keeping others who are traveling in scary waters in your heart and prayers. What a treasure you are, and I miss you soooooo. Love, love, love you and kj and will see you in a month, I hope. x0x
Post a Comment
<< Home